|The Law of Vacant Places|
|Season 3, Episode 1|
April 19, 2017
|Crew • Gallery • Transcript|
A petty sibling rivalry between two brothers escalates and brings chaos to a small Minnesotan community.
At a compound in East Berlin in 1988, Colonel Horst Lagerfeld records a conversation with himself and a German citizen named Jakob Ungerleider, whom the former accuses of being "Yuri Gurka", a wanted man who had recently killed his girlfriend. Jakob tries to explain that it is a misunderstanding that both he and Yuri both have significant others named Helga, and that Yuri must have lived in the house previously before he had moved into it. Horst accuses Jakob of saying the state is wrong, and what Jakob is saying is only a story.
- Ewan McGregor as Emmit Stussy / Ray Stussy
- Carrie Coon as Gloria Burgle
- Mary Elizebeth Winstead as Nikki Swango
- David Thewlis as V.M. Varga
- Michael Stuhlbarg as Sy Feltz
- Scott Hylands as Ennis Stussy
- Scoot McNairy as Maurice LeFay
- Sylvester Groth as Horst Lagerfeld
- Fabian Busch as Jakob Ungerleider
- Linda Kash as Stella Stussy
- Dan Willmott as Buck Olander
- Graham Verchere as Nathan Burgle
- Andrew Moxham as Ron Burgle
- Joel Labelle as Dale
- Daryl Shuttleworth as Earl
- Caitlynne Medrek as Grace Stussy
- Mara Stevens as Female Ex-Con
- Daniel McDoughall as Male Ex-Con
- Jordan Forester as Mennonite Ex-Con
- Austin Siever as Waiter #1
- Jacob Kohl as Valet #1
- Aaron Belot as Young Stasi Officer
- Andrew David Long as Toothpick Man
- Jay Chahley as Toothpick Man's Partner
- David LeReaney as Therapist
- Maggie Sullivan as Momma
- Niko Koupantsis as Dennis
- Steve Belford as Emmit Acting Double
- First appearance of Emmit Stussy.
- First appearance of Ray Stussy.
- First appearance of Stella Stussy.
- First appearance of Grace Stussy.
- First appearance of Nikki Swango.
- First appearance of V.M. Vargas.
- First appearance of Gloria Burgle.
- First appearance of Nathan Burgle.
- First appearance of Ron Burgle.
- First appearance of Dale.
- First appearance of Buck Olander.
|Season 3 episodes|