|The Gift of the Magi|
|Season 2, Episode 5|
November 9, 2015
|Crew • Gallery • Transcript|
Floyd takes action, and Charlie tries to prove himself. Peggy and Ed disagree about what to do next, while Lou finds himself sidelined during Ronald Reagan's campaign tour.
Ronald Reagan makes his way to North Dakota during his presidential campaign, as his bus drives down the lonely road. While he is giving a speech, Hanzee continues tracking Ed Blumquist and finds his residence. Elsewhere, Joe Bulo along with Gale and Wayne Kitchen meet with a bought-out zoning commissioner to hunt. Mike Milligan stops by briefly to talk with Joe in private, which Joe later tells the commissioner it is only housekeeping.
Lou Solverson stands by Reagan as he is giving his speech, having been tasked with helping the candidate's passage through the state run smoothly. Returning to the Gerhardt residence, Hanzee delivers Rye's belt buckle to Floyd, to wish she asks how he died. he says he was run down at first then killed in another location, specifying the perpetrator to be a butcher. Dodd refers to him as "The Butcher from Luverne" who is a contract killer hired by Kansas City. Hanzee adds onto Dodd's tale, saying Kansas City must have had him killed in order to escalate the war and avoid having to buy the Gerhardts out.
While Reagan continues giving his speech, Joe and the commissioner discuss the end of the local mom-and-pop organizations, and the rise of big business. Joe asks him if he is able to persuade political leaders on both the state and local level, to which he reassures him that "there's not a politician in this state that wouldn't take my call in the middle of dinner." They spot a deer out in the open, and the commissioner gets ready to shoot. Before he can, he is suddenly shot in the head by members of the Gerhardt Crime Syndicate, who have ambushed the hunting party. Several more Kansas City members are gunned down as Joe runs for cover. Gale and Wayne begin firing back, and take out a majority of the attackers. As they chase down the last of the Gerhardt men, Hanzee grabs Wayne and stabs him in the throat, and knocks Gale unconscious. Meanwhile Joe, having thought to have gotten away, sees Hanzee in front of the parked cars waiting for him.
Reagan finishes his speech, which has everyone in standing ovation and Karl Weathers in tears. As the campaign bus is loaded up, Karl talks with Sonny Greer about not shaking his hand due to Reagan "making a movie with a monkey." Despite this, he still shakes his hand anyway.
More will be added later.
- Kirsten Dunst as Peggy Blumquist
- Patrick Wilson as Lou Solverson
- Jesse Plemons as Ed Blumquist
- Jean Smart as Floyd Gerhardt
- Ted Danson as Hank Larsson
- Cristin Milioti as Betsy Solverson
- Jeffery Donovan as Dodd Gerhardt
- Bokeem Woodbine as Mike Milligan
- Bruce Campbell as Ronald Reagan
- Brad Garrett as Joe Bulo
- Nick Offerman as Karl Weathers
- Elizabeth Marvel as Constance Heck
- Keir O'Donnell as Ben Schmidt
- Rachel Keller as Simone Gerhardt
- Zahn McClarnon as Hanzee Dent
- Angus Sampson as Bear Gerhardt
- Todd Mann as Wayne Kitchen
- Brad Mann as Gale Kitchen
- Allan Dorbrescu as Charlie Gerhardt
- Raven Stewart as Molly Solverson
- Emily Haine as Noreen Vanderslice
- Daniel Beirne as Sonny Greer
- Greg Bryk as Virgil Bauer
- Jeff Clarke as Richard Armbruster
- Wilma Pelly as Native American House Keeper
- Richard Armbruster
- Wayne Kitchen
- Joe Bulo
- Virgil Bauer
- Three unnamed Kansas City Mafia members
- Six unnamed Gerhardt syndicate members
To be added.
|Season 2 episodes|